Friday, January 22, 2010

High Fidelity by Nick Hornby

I must admit I was a little hesitant about this book when first suggested in my book club. Although I adore reading, sometimes coming out of my element can be disastrous. I was pleasantly surprised just how much I ended up liking it and how much I could relate to it.

The main character, Rob, is going through a break up with his girlfriend and in turn analyzes his past relationships, including childhood days. Even being a female I can relate to what he talks about. I found myself nodding in total agreement and laughing. He takes you on a walk through total hysteria, self reflection and embarrassment.

There are parts in the book where you will love Rob and parts where you want to shake him and call him all the four letter words you can think of. He is a great character though, because each and every one of us has a Rob somewhere down inside, whether we want to admit it or not.

This is a definitely a keeper book and in a few years I am sure I will read it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment