Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Winthrop Woman by Anya Seton


I had read this book many many years ago and searched high and wide for it, never knowing that this book, the one on my "to-read" list, was THE book.

The Winthrop woman is Elizabeth Winthrop, niece and daughter-in-law to Massachusetts Bay Colony founder John Winthrop.  This book tells her story.  How she grew up; her first love; her first marriage; moving to the colonies with her family; her second marriage and her true love.

This book is the reason I am so obsessed with history.  At least in my opinion it is.  I remember reading this book a long time ago and being transfixed by her story, by the word she lived in.  It was then that I knew I wanted to study history, even if I haven't gotten around to it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment